Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Tank

Tank

    This one was very hard.  This is the German Tiger 1 tank.  My brain was so fried, I had to dig into the chocolate stash!
 







      This German tank was the most powerful tank in the world when it was introduced in August 1942. The 88mm gun was extremely powerful and the heavy armor made it almost impervious to attack. The success of the Tiger was so profound, that no allied tank dared to engage it in open combat. This psychological fear soon became to be known as "Tigerphobia".

2 comments:

  1. I use to live next to a place called Aberdeen Proving grounds and as a 14 year old had my pictured taken next to every one of the different kinds of tanks, did you know it went on for a good mile. This brings back memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are the tank and sailing ship from model kits? Excellent work. Thanks for the history lessons! I'm sure you enjoyed the chocolate bar.

    I still can't get over how you go out fishing - especially on the ice! Beautiful scenery!

    ReplyDelete